Can Bed Bugs Make You Sick? [3 Interesting Facts]
Are you wondering if bed bugs will make you sick?
We aim to answer that question for you in this article.
In this guide you’ll learn a few new things:
- What are bed bugs?
- Bed bug signs to look for
- Can a bed bug bite cause illness?
- What happens to your skin when bed bugs bite?
Bed bugs are one of those nightmare pests. It’s far from ideal when any pest invades your home, but especially invading your bed. That’s enough to drive anyone insane and look for ways to end this itchy pest.
Not only are bed bugs annoying, but they can be costly to dispose of once they plague your home.
What are Bed bugs?
What are the signs of bed bugs?
- Red colored marks on your bedding
- Egg shells, fecal spots, or bed bug skins
- A strange, musky odor from the bed bugs’ scent glands
- Small red welts in clusters
What are the symptoms of a bed bug bite?
Can bed bugs make you sick?
- Many bites after some time can cause potential weakness.
- Allergic bites can cause asthmatic attacks in susceptible individuals.
- Hypersensitivities to the bite, brought about by bed bug spit, can trigger hives, rashes, burning or itching
- Bites can get contaminated, causing other issues.
- Scarring can happen and persevere for quite a long time.
- In rare cases it’s even been reported that bed bug bites have affected breathing
Can bed bugs kill you?
If you are looking for other bed bug related articles – be sure to check out our other pest guides to help rid you of your pests.
Ronald has 25 years of pest control experience under his belt. He scrutinizes each control method, product and process to prevent infestations effectively.